Long Term Service Opportunities
Medicine & Community Health
For more information about the service opportunities. Please contact one of our regional representatives.
Language requirement: If you are interested in serving for longterm, you will go through a language and culture learning course first. The length of the language and culture learning will depend on your language level.
|No||Projects / Position||Terms||Major Responsbilites||Education / Major / Experience|
|1||Health care personnel especially medical doctors and nurses||2 years or longer||1.Facilitate and develop new medical initiative with a hospital to upgrade & strengthen their clinical, administrative and health education capacity; 2. Assist in the coordination of the Eye Project; 3. Organize & coordinate specialized medical/nursing training||1) To raise the standard of care of the local staff by modeling compassionate holistic health care;|
2) To improve quality of care of patients.
3) Preferably with at least 5 years of experience beyond post-graduate training in his/her respective field;
4) Willing to learn mainland medical system & come alongside local
5) Good Mandarin Chinese;
6) Some English would be helpfulmedical staff;
7) Able to teach others;
8) Has a servant spirit, can delegate & relate to people.
9) Able to adapt to limited resources ;
10) Has a sense of humor, is a self-initiator & is flexible.
|2||Psychiatric Rehab OT/Social worker/counselor/nurse||At least 1-2 years||1. To deliver community psychiatric rehabilitation services to people with mental illnesses, such as, psychoeducational groups, individual case management and counseling 2. To train or supervise local practitioners||1) To set up the community psychiatric rehabilitation service|
2) To pass on the value of holistic care to the local practitioners
3) Professional degree with several years of working experience, esp. Illness Management and Recovery, Peer Support.
4) Able to speak, read and write Chinese
|3||Rehabilitation (Physio Therapist/ Occupational Therapist/ Speech Therapist/ Special Education teacher)||1 years||Providing rehabilitation services for Cerebral Palsy kids at the Rehab centre of a hospital: 1. To share and update the knowledge of the CP management in a hospital setting. 2. To train the workers for caring CP kids; 3. To teach CP's family about family care at home.||1) To help upgrade the skills of the workers of CP kinds side by side. 2) To promote the quality and value of service for CP workers, kids, patients and families. |
3) Physician with more than 3-year experience in rehabilitation or at least 2-year experience in Physio Therapy/ Occupational Therapy/ Speech Therapy/ Special 4) Need Education Fluent Mandarin
|4||General Surgeon||2-3 years||Teach general surgery, basic orthopedics||1) To train up local surgeons so that patients can receive adequate surgical care with out traveling far to the larger city.|
2) Licensed practicing surgeon Chinese speaking and reading
|5||Dentist||2 years or more||Teach and train local dentists in a hospital.||1) Improve dental care for local population. |
2) Also to provide oral health education to school children and adults in town and villages.
3) Licensed in Dentistry.
4) Fluent in spoken and written Chinese
|6||Nurse Manager||2 years or more||1. Give support to a clinic in treatment adherence, counseling, and follow up of patients . 2. Train the local staff of the clinic.||1) As you minister and serve among your patients and colleagues in a place where there is no hope regarding to their sickness, your presence and life will bring them peace and hope through our work.|
2) Licensed Nurse;
3) A heart for the poor;
4) Committed and cooperative Able to speak and read Chinese
|7||Physical/Occupational Therapist||2 or more years||1. Help in the rehabilitation of hospital patients 2. Train nurses in basic physical therapy||1) Many patients needing PT/OT due to motor vehicle accident, stroke, falls, and cerebral palsy. 2) This person will be able to provide direct therapy to these patients as well as train nurses in the hospital to provide basic PT/OT. |
3) Licensed PT or OT
4) Able to speak and read Chinese
|8||Doctor/ nurse/ Health related profession||2 year or more||1) organize and conduct medical trainings for different county hospital doctors and nurses.||1) improve the county hospital service quality 2) link up the resources and relationship with medical teams and county hospital.|
3) 5 years work experience. Willing to visit different counties, work with multi cultural team, adjust to limited resources and remoted areas.
4) Able to speak Chinese and English fluently
|9||Doctor/ Nurse/ Health related profession specially in ICU||2 year or more||1) Help to develop and train local medical members in hospital and village 2)organize and conduct medical trainings for different county hospital doctors and nurses.||1) improve the county hospital service quality |
2) link up the resources and relationship with medical teams and county hospital.
3) 5 years work experience.
4) Willing to visit different counties and villages,
5) Work with multi cultural team,
6) Adjust to limited resources and remoted areas.
7) Able to speak mandarin and English fluently
- Business Consulting
- Community Development
- Education and Youth
- Medicine and Community Health